Saturday, October 18, 2008

Biodata

Ke Yizhen Joyce is a fourth-year Chemistry major studying at the National University of Singapore. Currently, she is engaged in her final year project, which involves active researching in the laboratory. She has been trained to solve problems methodically and logically through the intensive coursework in the Chemistry field over the years.

Joyce has gained an enriching working experience from holding various temporary jobs in her vacation time. She has learnt to be sharp and precise, and has honed her interpersonal skills through her short stints as an assistant in the finance department of two different companies. It has also given her an insight to the working environment in the finance sector. Joyce was also able to carry out her responsibilities as an administrative assistant efficiently as she is a well-organized and meticulous individual.

Being an active person, Joyce enjoys playing various sports and she is always open to trying out new ones. She has participated in various activities such as recreational netball and aerobic exercises in the university. She was also a table-tennis school team player during her secondary and junior college days. Through six years of diligent and intensive training, Joyce has learnt to be disciplined and has since been motivated to jog regularly around her neighbourhood.

EDITED 19th October 2008

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Dear Joyce,

You know, it is so interesting to read everyone's biodata. I have found out so many things about people which I have never expected them to do or be! So I guess the biodata really helps set an impression of a person.

I'm not sure if I'm right in saying this, but I think the biodata has to be written in a third person point of view?

Other than that, great job! The rigours of the chemistry field does indeed hone our skills and also develop patience (especially when waiting for IR machines or rotary evaporators...) :)

joyce said...

Dear Tiffany,

Thanks for your comment!

I'm not sure whether the biodata should be a first person account or that of a third person. In the end, I decided to write it as a first person account after seeing a few of our classmates' posts. Oops.

Anyway, I am interested to know the things you have found out about me that you did not expect! Hahaha.. And I totally understand what you mean when you say 'waiting for IR machines or rotary evaporators'. It takes forever... I guess it really trains us to be slightly more patient. ;)

Eileen said...

Hi Joyce,

Your biodata looks pretty good! You have your various work and lab experiences and your outgoing character will definitely help tremendously during job-hunting.
I guess it isn't hard for your employer to choose the right person!=)

Xiuwen said...

Hi Joyce,

I find your biodata to be rather interesting and it did capture some essential information about yourself such that you stand out among the rest. Good job done!

For a first, I feel that interpersonal skills are important to kick start a career in the financial sector as one might get to meet different kinds of people every day. Hence, having your interpersonal skills honed during your short stints in the financial companies during your vacation is truely an enriching and wonderful experience.

However, possibly you could elaborate more on the laboratory skills and techniques you have gained during your undergraduate studies in NUS. This is just a suggestion!

All in all, I feel that this biodata of yours is well written and that its is informative and concise! Wish you all the best in clinching that dream and perfect job of yours in the future! =)

Angeline said...

Dear Joyce,

Your communication skills are so good, you will have no problem getting your teaching job! In future, really have to address you as Miss Ke :p

joyce said...

Dear Eileen, Xiu Wen and Angeline,

Thank you all for your comments! I have learnt something new about each of our classmates through their biodata as well. I do hope that all of us will be able to get our ideal jobs in the near future.. The economy seems to be a little bleak now, so it's all the best to all of us!

Brad Blackstone said...

Ms. Ke,

This is excellent. I don't think a bio has to be written in the 3rd person, but you've done well by doing it that way. It's clear, concise, beautifully focused and reflective of a model student and well-grounded person!

joyce said...

Dear Brad,

Thanks for your wonderful comment! :) I had written my biodata in the 1st person initially. However, it felt to me like I was praising myself too much and it just felt weird. Haha! So I decided to edit it to make it in the 3rd person point of view. I'm glad the job's up to scratch!